Sunday 24 March 2013

I have chosen "The Masque of the Red Death" by Edgar Allen Poe. The story is about the plague which is called the "Red Death" and it kills people. Prince Prospero hides from it in his abbey. Once he has a masquerade ball and guests notice a mysterious person. That's the "Red Death". Prince begins to run away but it chases him and he dies. And then all people also die.
I like intriguing stories and it's one of them. I am fond of E.A. Poe's style. It's full of different expressive means and devices. And the author keeps the reader in suspense.
http://www.americanliterature.com/author/edgar-allen-poe/short-story/the-masque-of-the-red-death

4 comments:

  1. A nice start, Julia! Poe's style is rather peculiar. To understand the story better, translate all the unknown words. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia, I like your choice of the story. It seems to me that Poe is one of the greatest American writers and I've also chosen his story called "The Fall Of The House Of Usher". I'm sure you'll get a great pleasure working with this authour's writing. Wish you good luck))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good choice of the story. Hope that you'll enjoy your reading.As for me, I've also chosen the story by the same author. If you want to get to know about it a little, visit my blog) You are welcome)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmm....the title is quite intriguing, I've never noticed that you like horror stories, thrillers and something like that. Anyway I wish you enjoy reading the story) P.S. So now you've joined E.A. Poe's club)

    ReplyDelete